Friday, August 24, 2007

Milford one of 10 Coolest Small Towns

Budget Travel Magazine named Milford one of the 10 Coolest Small Towns in America! Go Milford!

Too bad it was Milford, PA.

Milford, PA is a small resort town that seems nice from the write up in their story, but I'll take Milford, NH any day.

I ran across the story because I saw an article that mentioned that Peterborough was also named one of the ten coolest small towns in America. The Budget Travel article talks about how the town is cool because it is kind of artsy. Although I hardly ever go there, I am impressed with Peterborough, and I agree that it is a cool little town.

My grandmother grew up in Peterborough, and I remember some of the stories she told me 40 years ago about her life in Peterborough during the first decades of the 20th century. She was there when cars were rare, roads weren't paved, and you were well off if you were able to go to school up to the eighth grade. People routinely worked long hours for low pay, and struggled to make ends meet. Life is so much easier today, in so many ways, and we don't appreciate how well off we really are now.

No comments: